When you are told that a friend or loved one has cancer, its not always easy to know what to say and not obvious what they need. Although we all know that the best gift you can give someone with cancer is your time (or at least to listen to them), but sometimes practical, pampering and comforting items are what is needed. A well-made cancer care package would help by providing both practical items to help with symptoms and pampering gifts to relieve stress. A cancer care package also can also remind a cancer patient that you are thinking of them at what can be a very stressful and lonely time.
But getting it right can be very hard and there are many online shops that charge excessive prices for cancer gifts, hampers and advice. Some of these companies don’t take into account the special needs of cancer patients or cancer therapies.
- People who are going through chemotherapy are unlikely to want specific foods because chemo changes the taste of foods.
- Many people stop eating sugary items and chocolate when they have been diagnosed with cancer .
- Flowers for people having chemotherapy is also a bad idea for many reasons
This Is Why Buying A Gift For Someone With Cancer Can Be Daunting.
So understanding what the cancer patient is going through can help with deciding what to put and what not to put in a care parcel and what is suitable when you go online shopping for an appropriate and thoughtful cancer present.
Cancer Care Ideas: For Gift Packages Or Stand Alone Presents
- Bed Socks: Snuggly and pampering bed socks are a good solution to cold feet that result from cancer therapies.
- A letter to let them know that you will be there for them A heartfelt letter can be a great cancer gift and as useful as any shop bought gift. It is not expensive to make and can give a lot of comfort.
- Snack bag A light food carrier can be a great help because a common suggestion to help with cancer therapy nausea is to eat little and often and good way to help to do this is to carry food around when on-the-go
- Peppermint Tea:Peppermint tea has many benefits including stress relief and relaxation. it also relieves nausea and vomiting. That is why sucking mints or drinking peppermint tea can help with cancer therapies.
- Home cooking With the stress of appointments and worry about what will happen, it can be important to make sure your friend is looking after themselves. Giving them some homemade ready meals to heat up can really help. If you are going to do this however, please be certain to make sure you know of any changes in eating habits, as (as we already said above) often cancer treatment or cancer itself can change appetites or have restrictions.
- Moisturizing Lip Balm: A simple pampering item that will relieve dry and chapped lips, which can be common with cancer treatments and general dehydration.