It is very strange that even during these days people end their marriages without taking professional help. In fact, whether one should divorce or not is a very important decision to make and should be given all the possible chances to get saved. Yet the fact is that only few people take advantage of the Toronto couples counselling to get their marital problems solved.
Well, truth cannot be overlooked that there is no guarantee that marital counselling is going to solve all your problems. Some people even said that most of these so-called counsellors were not qualified and made things even worse. So, there is a chance that your marriage which is on the edge of breaking can be saved provided you get in touch with us, that is, go to the right place for help.
You have to be sure that the therapist you have approached for help is certified, trained and well-qualified. Having considerable years of experience of Toronto couples counselling is an added advantage. So, when you are heading towards looking for a therapist it is good to ask the following things so that you stay assured that you are in good hands.
- See that your therapist is working towards saving your marriage rather than breaking it. If he sees divorce a viable option, ask him why he thinks that way. This will be very helpful for you for deciding.
- While talking to your couples counsellor Toronto you should feel comfortable and respected. He should understand your feelings and perspective. If you are not comfortable with any of the suggestions he offers, express it. If your therapist honors your feedback, its good. Or else, you should leave him.
- The therapist’s own value on relationships matters a lot and so, if your therapist insists that there is only way to have a successful marriage, leave him. Find about us here.
- Remember that a therapist cannot say when you should stop working on your marriage. If you feel this, it is an unethical act and you should not waste your time there.
- When you approach the Toronto couples counselling with your partner, all the three of you set concrete goals at the earliest. If this is not done, meeting every week without any clear goal is meaningless. On the other hand, if you are unable to see progress after two to three sessions, you can talk about this to your therapist.
- If your therapist is only discussing the past, there is no need continuing with him. Find more about us.
- Always believe that almost every problem has a solution and if your therapist says that change is impossible, it is better you leave him.
- The most important thing is that you should trust your instincts. If your therapist is helpful, you will know very soon.
The best way to find a good therapist is through direct recommendation through friends or relatives who have taken advantage of this service before you. So, do not give up on bad therapy. Connect with us and you will be happy and satisfied.