Laser hair treatment has become quite famous over the past years because of the permanent results and less time that needs to be spent over each session. Research has found that there are many advantages for skin when Etobicoke laser hair removal services are used by the individual. When the individual who is interested to find a permanent solution to unwanted hair enters Etobicoke laser clinic, he or she will be given information about precautions that should be followed before and after the treatment. These should be followed without negligence to ensure the success of hair removal procedure.
Precautions before the procedure
- Sun tanning and laser treatment are not friends! The first precaution given by any expert would be to keep away from sun tanning and severe exposure to sun. This should be practiced for five to six weeks before the starting of sessions. Applying sunscreen lotions with high SPF while going out is good to avoid sunburns during the treatment.
- The individual should not use procedures such as waxing, plucking or bleaching in the target area 4-6 weeks prior to the treatment in laser clinic Etobicoke.
- Herpes infections are common and they restrict hair removal treatment; therefore, anti-viral therapy to take care of Herpes is suggested.
- No herbs or drugs that are photosensitive are allowed for the patient for a period of 24 hours before the commencement of first treatment session.
- Experts suggest avoiding shaving for 4-8 days before the first session and seven days of non-shaving for the next sessions. It is important for the expert to understand the growth of stubble for treating the target area.
Based on the hair type and the skin type, the doctor might suggest additional precautions before starting the Etobicoke laser hair removal services. The individual should follow these precautions without failure to avoid any side effects.
Precautions after the procedure
- Sometimes the target area where the hair is removed will form swelling or redness. It might last for an hour or two and can be countered by using aloe gel on the area. The gel should be applied for a week to avoid repetition of such problems. This condition can be more intense in people with dark skin; hence gel should be applied for at least two weeks.
- If the hair is too dense, the area after treatment would feel warm even after a day of the session. The application of ice will soothe the area and reduces the temperature.
- DO NOT USE cosmetics for 1-2 days after the treatment session is over. It will lead to chemical reactions as the skin would be fragile after the exposure to lasers. It is better not to touch the area and leave it for a couple of days after leaving the laser clinic Etobicoke.
- After each session, avoid hot baths or sauna or heavy exercises that would lead to perspiration. Using sun creams with UV filters will help to protect the skin from burns.
Contact us directly from n49 or Yellow pages to know more about precautions. In most cases, these are suggested and these might increase or decrease based on the interests and predicament of the patient.